- Ready In:
1 1/2 cups
- 10 black peppercorns
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger, ground
- 1 tablespoon coriander seed
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons anise seeds
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 3⁄4 lb golden raisin, soaked in 1/2 cup warm water for 1 hour
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 5 tablespoons white vinegar
- Grind the peppercorns, red pepper flakes, ginger, coriander, cumin, and anise seeds in a spice grinder or mortar.
- Place garlic in a food processor and chop fine. Add the raisins and pulse machine until coarsely chopped. Add the remaining ingredients, including the spices and vinegar, and chop to a coarse paste texture.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!