Natvia Spanish Pineapple Xmas Cake
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 8 free range organic eggs (yolks and whites separate)
- 4 tablespoons organic whole meal flour
- 4 tablespoons organic unbleached white flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 8 tablespoons Natvia
- 3 drops lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon organic vanilla essence
- 3 -4 slices finely diced fresh pineapple
- 1 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1⁄2 cup rum (optional)
- 1 (8 ounce) container cream
- Method : Cake.
- Pre-heat oven to a moderate temperature (160 degrees).
- Grease cake tin (I did it with 'extra virgin olive oil' and a brush).
- Flour the cake tin.
- Beat the egg whites with lemon drops, added at the beginning, until very stiff.
- Add Natvia and keep beating the mixture.
- Add egg yolks one by one until mixed.
- Add vanilla essence.
- Add sifted flour and mix very gently with a wooden spoon until evenly blended in mixture.
- Pour in cake tin and place in the pre-heated oven immediately and cook in moderate heat for 30 minutes.
- Check after a few minutes and if it turns brown too quickly, cover tin with foil paper to avoid burning the top.
- Remove from oven once thoroughly cooked and place on a rack to ensure it aerates well and does not 'deflate'.
- Method : Filling.
- Mix the pineapple juice with the rum and bring to the boil.
- Gently simmer for about 5-6 minutes - Check for sweetness and if necessary add a few teaspoon of Natvia to taste.
- Let it cool.
- Method : Ensemble.
- Cut the cake in two making 2 equal "Xmas tree" shaped pieces.'.
- Gently pour 3/4 of the pineapple juice on the bottom part of the cake making sure it gets moist all around so no hard edges when you eat it!
- Beat the cream until is hard, but before it turns into butter!
- Spread a thin layer of cream on base of cake and place diced pineapple on top of it.
- Moisten the top layer of the cake with the rest of the pineapple juice.
- Carefully place it on top of the base and decorate with cream and/or the topping of your choice.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!