" Nat's King Cole" Coleslaw
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Unforgettable, in every way. If you don't want to use maple syrup, use honey. You can substitute 1 lg pkg of coleslaw mix for the slaw mixings below. From Crazy Plates.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- 1⁄2 cup rice vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon gingerroot, grated
- 6 cups green cabbage, shredded
- 1 cup red cabbage, shredded
- 1 cup carrot, grated
- 1⁄3 cup green onion, chopped
- 1 large apple, unpeeled, cored, and shredded
- Whisk together vinegar, maple syrup, soy sauce, sesame oil, and gingerroot in a small bowl.
- In a large bowl, combine cabbage, onions, carrots and apple.
- Pour dressing over salad and mix well.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour before serving.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Krsi Sue, this is great coleslaw! DH says this should be our 'default coleslaw', meaning, the one we always come back to! I used the maple syrup, cutting it back to 3 tbsp and cutting the rice vinegar back to 1/3 cup. We enjoyed everything about it. Thanks for the most 'unforgettable' coleslaw recipe, in every way!Reply