National Stew of Argentine (Puchero)
- Ready In:
1 pot stew
- 2 lbs beef, cut in pieces, 2-inch x 3-inch
- 4 ears sweet corn
- 4 potatoes
- 1 boiling fowl, jointed
- 2 onions
- 4 pieces pumpkin, cut in 3-inch square pieces
- boiling water
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 4 carrots
- 4 ounces bacon, cut in 1-inch squares
- 4 sweet potatoes
- 2 tomatoes
- 8 slices liver sausage
- Take a large pot and half-fill it with boiling salted water.
- Put in the beef, fowl, and calf's foot, bring to a boil and skim.
- Simmer for 1 1/2 hours.
- Now add everything else, add more water if necessary and simmer till the vegetables are tender.
- Seve in 3 dishes-one for the meat, one for the vegetables and one for the soup.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<img src="http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b2/kiwidutch/my3chefs2009final-1.jpg"> src="http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg271/MrsTeny/Permanent%20Collection/PACSpring09Iwasadopted.jpg">