Nasi Minyak ("oil Rice") Using Basmathi Rice
Nasi Minyak literally means 'Oil Rice', widely served on special occassion i.e. wedding celebration, with (usually) curry/spicy chicken or meat dishes. tips : soak the rice for 30 minutes prior cooking. rice to water ratio is 1 :1.5 (if cooked in rice cooker)
- Ready In:
- 3 cups basmati rice
- 2 tablespoons ghee
- 3 shallots
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 inch ginger
- 1⁄2 inch cinnamon stick
- 1 piece star anise
- 3 pieces cloves
- 1⁄4 cup evaporated milk
- wash and rinse the pre-soak rice.
- heat ghee and fry pounded ingredient.
- add in cinnamon stick, star anise, and cloves.
- fry until frangrant.
- add water (for 3 cups of rice, use 4.5 cups of water), evaporated milk and salt.
- bring to boil.
- pour the mixture into the rice and cook with rice cooker as you would a normal rice.
- do not stir until the rice is well cooked or else you will break the rice.