Nasal Sinus Wash Combined With Emu Oil
- Ready In:
- Combine all the ingredients in the Sinus Wash in a container and stir to dissolve the salt.
- Using a Pedi pot, pour about 2 - 3 T of the solution into the pot. Microwave for about 7 seconds. Test temperature before using. Pour into one nostril, breathing out with your mouth open. Let the liquid drain out through the other nostril.
- Change to the other nostril and repeat.
- Once finished, blow nose to clear out rest of the liquid.
- Dab a bit of the Emu oil onto your (clean) finger and apply it to the nose.
- Repeat 2 - 3 times a day.
- Note: I use a Tupperware container to hold my solution. I made the salt and baking soda mixture up ahead of time and have it stored in a plastic baggie. I have a 1L bottle of Glycerine, so use approximately a cap full.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I've always tried to keep water out of my nose but when push comes to shove this works if you use it on a regular basis. Be sure to use sea or pickling salt never table salt because the iodine will irritate the lining of your nose. Also use this to cleanse the nose before using medicated nasal sprays.
Thanks for this recipe. After some experimentation I have found recipe #70486 to be more to my liking but yours was the first that introduced me to the glycerine. I happened to have just bought some to make bubbles with. Honestly I can't tell if it makes a difference or not but might as well use it. :o) The other think I like about your recipe-12 oz is just perfect. The neti pot takes 6 ounces so this is just the right amout for both nostrils.