Nankhatai Cookies With Rose & Chai Spices
photo by Raw Spice Bar
- Ready In:
- rawspicebar's rose & chai spices
- 1 cup wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup rice flour
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 6 tablespoons milk, plus more for dough (or any type of milk with some fat)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
Create the sauce:
- 1. Place milk and honey in a small saucepan. Bring to a simmer over medium heat, reduce heat and add RawSpiceBar's Chai & Rose Spices. Simmer on very low heat for 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove from heat and let cool.
Create the dough:
- 2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Sift together flours, baking powder and salt in a small bowl.
- 3. Rub together butter and flour mixture, until resembling small breadcrumbs. Add sugar and combine ingredients.
- 4. Create a well in dough and add milk & spices from saucepan. Combine all ingredients and roll dough into a ball. Add additional milk if dough is too dry. Chill dough in the refrigerator for about 20 minutes, until dough is cold and firm.
Bake & serve:
- 5. Flour a clean surface and roll out the pastry until about 1/2 cm thick. Cut into shapes of choice- either with a cookie cutter or, if you don't have one, a circular glass rim.
- 6. Line a baking tray with parchment paper and place the cut cookies about 1/2 inch apart.
- 7. Bake the cookies for 15 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove from oven.
- 8. Serve warm and, if preferred, dunk in a cup of your favorite hot milky tea.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!