Nancy's Potato Casserole
I found this while thumbing through a magazine and it sounded good to go alone with the pork chops I had planned on that evening. I was right, it was good! And very simple to put together.
- Ready In:
- 4 medium potatoes, sliced
- 1 cup cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, diced (optional)
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place the thinly sliced potatoes in a greased baking dish.
- Combine the remaining ingreadients and pour over the potatoes.
- Bake covered for 35 minutes. Makes about 6 servings.
- Make sure you slice the potatoes thinly, or you may have a harder time getting the pototes cooked in the 35 minute time frame.
- I had to cook mine longer the first time, as I had sliced them a bit wide.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
These were really good...the only change I may make next time is to add less bell peppers but that's just a personal preference as they had a strong flavor. When taking a poll on myself, DH, & DD the average was 4.3 with two of us giving a 4 and one giving a 5. Very creamy. I did have to cook a bit longer and I did cut the potatoes very thin. May try to use a more shallow casserole dish to see if that will help. Thanks! Tagged for Healthy Choice ABC Tag Game1Reply