Nanay's Filipino Fried Chicken
- Ready In:
- 1 (2 -3 lb) whole chickens (cut into serving pieces or you can use just thighs or just drumsticks or just wings... J)
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon whole black peppercorn, crushed lightly
- 3⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup distilled white vinegar (or cane vinegar is better if you can get hold of one)
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- oil, for deep-frying
- In a large pan combine the chicken, garlic, peppercorns,bay leaves, soy sauce, vinegar and water and bring to a boil. Simmer uncovered over low heat until chicken is cooked through (25-35 minutes).
- Remove chicken from pan and pat dry.
- In a large skillet heat the oil over medium heat until it is hot but not smoking. Then deep fry the chicken in batches until it is brown and the skin looks crispy. (NOTE: Make sure you pat them dry as it spits!).
- Serve with rice.
- Enjoy -- .
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
i followed it to the T except i used 4 lbs. of bone in chicken thighs w/ skin. i had enough sauce drench and boil the chicken in. for some reason the flavor of the sauce didn't really penetrate the meat. flavor was very subtle. so i took the left over sauce..added 1 tbs of brown sugar and boiled it till it slightly thickened. drizzled the sauce over the crispy chicken. family enjoyed it.