Nana Deane's Pecan Coconut Pie
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Adapted from Alton Brown's cookbook "Feasting on Asphalt", courtesy of Ray's Dairy Maid, Barton, Arkansas. This is the pie coconut was created for. Cook time does not include cooling time.
- Ready In:
- 10 1⁄2 ounces sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 ounces unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly
- 4 ounces buttermilk
- 3 ounces sweetened flaked coconut
- 3 ounces chopped pecans (about 3/4 cup)
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
- prebaked 9 inch pie shell
- Preheat the oven to 350º.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the sugar, eggs, butter, buttermilk, coconut, pecans, flour, vanilla, and salt. Pour into the pie crust.
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until the pie is golden brown and the center is barely set. Let cool for 40-45 minutes before serving.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION