Nacho Cheeseless Sauce
photo by BB2011
- Ready In:
- 12 ounces silken tofu
- 1⁄2 cup salsa
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons canned green chilies, chopped (optional)
- Mix water and cornstarch.
- In a blender, puree tofu, salsa, salt, turmeric, and water-cornstarch mixture. Add nutritional yeast.
- Heat oil in a skillet and make bottom of pan is coated. Pour in tofu mixture and spread to cover pan.
- Cook tofu mixture on low heat for about 5 minutes, without stirring.
- Use a wooden spoon or spatula to mix up the tofu, stirring to get a creamy consistency.
- Pour/scrape sauce into a bowl and serve with any combination of chips, beans, lettuce, and/or tomato.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I'm a science teacher who likes experimenting with a variety of recipes and ingredients. I'm a vegetarian (since 11/2003) and my sister is vegan, so many of my recipes reflect this.</p>