N’dole (Steak and Collard Greens)
- Ready In:
- Chop collard greens in small pieces and blanch in boiling, salted water for 2 minutes maximum. It shouldn’t be too soft.
- In one pot, boil chopped beef with beef bouillon, onion, salt, celery and parsley. Use the stock from pot to add to the peanut powder (see below).
- Grind peanuts in blender until peanuts are like a powder. In a large dutch oven, fry peanut powder in a little oil until there is a roasted smell. Stir often, so the peanuts don’t stick to the pot.
- Add the cooked beef, beef broth to the peanut powder to make a thin sauce. Add ginger and garlic to sauce.
- Stir and add collard greens to sauce and let the mixture simmer for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Chop onions and fry in oil until opaque. Sprinkle onions over dish just before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I am a trained chef, but my career has taken a back seat to my family and my sanity. I do work part time as a pastry chef/prep cook/expo at a small restaurant. It's really nice to work part time and do something I love.</p> <p>I have a five year old son, a newborn baby girl (as of 2013) and have been married for 8 years. <br /><br /><br /></p>