Mystic Pizza (A B M)
Based on a recipe from Lora Brody's cookbook, Pizza, Focaccia, Flat, and Filled Breads From Your Bread Machine -- Perfect EveryTime. In her introduction she says, "Did you see the movie? If not, rent it to eat with this version of the pizza it inspired. There's nothing like sharing a great pizza meal with Julia Roberts."!
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 40mins
- 2 teaspoons yeast
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3⁄4 cup plus 3 tablespoons water
TO FINISH THE PIZZA
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups tomato sauce (or more if you're an extra-sauce fan) or 1 1/2 cups pizza sauce (or more if you're an extra-sauce fan)
- 1 - 1 1⁄2 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- Place dough ingredients in the machine in the order recommended by its manufacturer.
- Program for Dough, Basic Dough, or Manual, and press Start.
TO FINISH THE PIZZA:
- When dough cycle completes, transfer the dough to a floured work surface and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Lightly dust a heavy baking sheet with cornmeal and set it aside.
- Roll out the dough to an 11-inch circle.
- Transfer the dough onto the baking sheet.
- Brush the olive oil over the surface of the dough and then shake on salt and pepper.
- Leaving a 1-inch border, spread the sauce over the surface of the dough and top the sauce with the mozzarella.
- Bake the pizza for 20 minutes until the crust is a nice golden brown.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
Join The Conversation
In the words of David Cassidy and the Partridge Family....I think I love You....<br/>This was some great pizza dough....<br/>In my haste to cook it, I totally forgot to brush with oil and season the dough, but I look forward to trying that next time.<br/>We topped ours with lashings of pepperoni and mozzarella then threw it onto a pizza stone in the old gas Weber. FABULOUS!!!!<br/>Crisp on the bottom, deliciously light on top...totally scrummy. This is SO my favourite bread machine pizza dough recipe, and it will get plenty of use!<br/>Only thing that could improve this....Julia dropping by for a slice.
Wow! Mersaydees wow. I haven't made many pizza's but this is by far the best. Yeah for movies. We all loved it. Quick and easy to make, great instructions and the most spectacular results. I made 9 mini pizzas from the dough. Followed your ingredients and directions exactly, adding some pepperoni and green olives to the party. It was the best pizza ever, slightly crisp with a light, soft and fluffy base topped with pepperoni, green olives and a mixture of cheese. (mozzarella, parmesan, provalone and emmanthal) My go to pizza recipe from now on. Thank you so much for sharing this winner.