Myrna's Uncooked Cookies
photo by StormiN Orman
- Ready In:
- Please read all steps before starting! Gather all your ingredients, measuring cups, spoons and lay out a couple feet of wax paper, it all comes together very quickly.
- In a pot over medium high heat, add your butter or margarine and melt, try not to boil.
- When the butter is melted add the milk THEN sugar, stir only enough to mix the sugar into the mixture.
- Add the cocoa, using the back side of a spoon, press any cocoa lumps against the side of the pot (stir as sparingly as possible).
- When the mixture comes to a boil add the vanilla, gently stir in (again, only a couple of stirs).
- Let boil for about 1 1/2 minutes (2 minutes maximum),.
- Take off the burner and add the oatmeal, roll the oatmeal in, again gently, minimizing the stirring (you may have to add a bit more (1/4 cup maybe) than 3 cups of oatmeal if the mixture is not thick enough to build mounds).
- Drop onto the wax paper in whatever size cookies you desire, and let set up for awhile (which is usually about 5 minutes at our house.).
- This will yield about 24 cookies, you can easily double the recipe, which I always do as they will go quick and they do keep well -- Hope you enjoy and will provide feedback -- :o).
- NOTE: over stirring and/or over boiling will result in the cookies setting up too hard and they dry out too quickly.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!