My Wonderful Bread and Butter Pickles!!!
photo by Smilyn
- Ready In:
- 4hrs 15mins
- Wash cucumbers thoroughly using a vegetable brush and drain on a rack.
- Slice unpeeled cucumbers into 1/8-1/4" thick slices. I use a food processor for this step.
- Add onions and garlic.
- Add salt and mix thoroughly.
- Cover with ice cubes, allow to sit for 3 hours.
- Drain thoroughly, remove garlic.
- Combine sugar, spices and vinegar.
- Heat just to a boil.
- Add cucumbers and onions and heat 5 minutes.
- Pack loosely into clean, pint jars. Adjust lids.
- Process in a boiling waterbath for 5 minutes.
- Start to count processing time as soon as the water returns to boiling.
- Times are approximate.
We are just finishing up making a third batch of pickles using your wonderful recipe. These pickles are sooo good! We have already shared them with friends and family and everyone loves them. We planted straight eights this year and our yield has been great. Thanks for sharing a wonderful B&B pickle recipe. We will never use another!