My Very Own Very Awesome Pork Loin Roast
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 1 lb pork loin
- 4 garlic cloves, slivered
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb red potatoes
- 4 large carrots
- 2 celery ribs
- 2 tablespoons butter
- italian seasoning
- garlic salt
- herbes de provence
For the sauce
- 1⁄3 cup peach jelly or 1/3 cup jam
- 1⁄3 cup strawberry jelly or 1/3 cup jam
- 1 large orange, zest and juice
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- Start by preheating the oven to 350 Fahrenheit.
- Chop the carrots and celery into 1 inch pieces, thicker ends may be cut lengthwise, and chop the red potatoes into quarters, halves if using mini red potatoes.
- Toss to coat the vegetables in 2 tbl of the olive oil and place them at the bottom of a roasting pan with roasting rack. Add 2 tbl of cubed butter to vegetables.
- Season the vegetables with Italian seasoning, pepper and garlic salt to taste.
- Trim fat from loin if desirable, I leave the fat on so the vegetables have the favor of the pork. Make slits along the loin and insert slivers of 3 garlic cloves.
- Season the loin with pepper, garlic salt and seasoning salt to taste.
- Take remaining 3 tbl of olive oil and heat in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the last slivered garlic clove to the oil and brown. Once the garlic turns golden begin to remove it. If you leave the garlic in to long it will burn give a bitter taste.
- Sear the loin in the skillet. You're going to do this for less than a minute per side. You want to just barely brown the meat. We do this to retain the juices during roasting.
- Transfer the loin to the roasting rack and coat the top with Herbs De Provence.
- Place into pre-heated oven for about 30-45 minutes. Measure the internal temperature for proper doneness, about 155-170.
- While the pork is roasting the sauce can be prepared. Place all sauce ingredients into a medium sauce pan. Heat to a boil over medium heat.
- Once sauce begins to boil stir constantly till it's reduced by 1/3 or about 10 minutes. Sauce will thicken when it cools a bit.
- Once roast is done. Let set for about 10 minutes for juices to settle. Carve into slices and serve along side the roasted vegetables. Spoon sauce over pork slices and enjoy.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!