My Three Bean Salad-No Sugar
I wasn't going to post this recipe because there are so many bean salad recipes out there, but my search for one similar to this came up blank. This is more fresh and less sweet than most of the three bean salads I found. Also, I use garbanzo beans instead of the usual wax beans. Did not include time to marinate since this can be eaten right away, but is much better a few hours or a day later.
- Ready In:
- 1 lb fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 (15 ounce) can dark red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot sauce
- Bring a bot of water to a boil. Cut green beans in thirds and add to boiling water. Cook until tender, about 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl whisk together the basil, oregano, pepper, garlic, salt, oil, vinegar and hot sauce.
- Drian the green beans and rinse in cold water.
- Add the beans, bell pepper, and scallions.
- Allow salad to marinate 4-24 hours.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Havent made yet, but I have been looking for a SF or LS recipe. I am vegetarian so beans are a huge aspect of my diet. I bought & loved the Paisley Farm 4 Bean Salad at Costco. I searched numerous recipe sites & all bean salads had a huge amt of sugar, like 3/4c. Reading the previous reviews I see a lot of people added black beans into the mix...making it a 4 bean salad. I love that because black beans are my all time favorite...them & Chic Peas. I will return to edit this after I make itReplies 1