My Theme Park Style Turkey Legs
- Ready In:
- 4hrs 30mins
- This is my version that worked well for us. I brine for 24 hours. Heat your smoker to 220 degrees with real charcoal chunks. Add your favorite wood chips if you like. We then smoke the legs until done, it's about 4 hours for nice sized legs. The turkey comes out with a nice "hammy" texture. They may not be exactly like the theme park turkey legs but sure comes close enough for us.
- Heat 1/2 gallon of water or stock to a boil to dissolve the salt, brown sugar and base if using.
- Allow to cool to room temperature.
- Add to your brine pot along with 1 gallon of ice water and brine for 24 hours.
- ***Note: Apple wood or Cherry wood chips are a sweeter milder smoke than Hickory wood.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I've lived in New York my entire life and I'm married to my hubby Brian for over 40 years. We have 3 grown children, our dogs and cats to fill our lives and our home. In the mundane world I work for a pharmaceutical company. The cooking fun starts once I get home (don't care to do fast foods) coming up with quick easy meals and making more involved recipes on the weekends. I love cooking and experimenting with new recipes and flavors for my family. I could sit for hours just researching recipes and coming up with ideas. My other hobbies are coloring & decorative painting, making craft items, a bit of sewing, a bit of crocheting.