My Mom's Fried Chicken
- Ready In:
- 1hr 25mins
- 1 (3 lb) roasting chickens, cut up
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour, unsifted
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Wash chicken pieces.
- Combine flour, salt and pepper in a paper bag.
- Add a few pieces of chicken at a time shaking to coat with flour.
- In a large cast iron skillet over moderate heat melt enough lard or vegetable shortening to measure about 1 inch deep.
- When cooking liquid has reached frying temperature you can see a little steam rising up.
- Cook chicken 30 minutes on each side.
- Lay cooked chicken on a paper towel lined platter and cover the top with paper towel also.
- this helps top keep the chicken from sweating and to stay crisp.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!