My Mama's Carrot Tzimmes
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Another one from the world's best Mama. Tzimmes is a yiddish word for a sweet culinary creation made of various stewed fruits and vegetables and is a great complement to roasted meats. Enjoy!
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 lbs carrots, peeled and sliced into coins
- 1 tablespoon margarine (or butter if preparing a dairy meal)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup seedless golden raisin
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- Mix all of the ingredients in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Cover, reduce the heat and simmer gently until the carrots are crisp tender, about 25 minutes.
- Remove the cover from the pan, raise the heat and cook the carrots until most of the liquid has evaporated and the sauce is thickened, about five minutes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
These were real good and easy ro make. I did not have any problems with the liquid content. Between the honey and golden rasins, I found the dish to be a little sweeter than I would of liked. Maybe regular rasins or the cranberries Barb used would be a great addition. I will give it 4 stars, but would of liked to of had a 4 1/2 star option.Reply