My Favorite Spicy Pink and Kidney Beans
photo by PatriotsGirl
- Ready In:
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can goya kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can goya pink beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 ounce taco seasoning (hot for more spicy beans, regular for less)
- 1 (10 ounce) can rotel diced tomatoes with lime and cilantro
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup water
- Saute green pepper, onion and garlic in olive oil until garlic is golden brown.
- Add beans, taco seasoning, water, and Rotel and stir. Simmer about 20 minutes or until most of the liquid has been absorbed.
- Serve over rice, barley, quinoa or on its own as a delicious side dish.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!