My Favorite Healthy Bowl of Oatmeal
- Ready In:
- 3⁄4 cup quick oats
- 3⁄4 cup apple juice
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat milk
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 (1 g) packet Splenda sugar substitute (or just use more sugar)
- 1 -2 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup raisins, if you desire ((or more)
- 1 dash salt
- roasted almonds, cut in half (optional)
- 3⁄4 of a mashed banana (optional)
- Combine all ingredients in a microwavable bowl.
- Stir and microwave on high for 1.5 to 2 minutes.
- Remove and stir. The mixture will be liquidy at first, but it should thicken up.
- If it doesn't microwave for an additional 20 seconds.
- Serve hot with a topping of yogurt if desired.
- If you want to try the almond, banana variant, just replace the apple juice with water, put the almonds in the mixture, microwave as usual, then add the mashed banana after the oatmeal is done cooking. (Do not add the banana before cooking!).
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation