My Favorite Fried Plantains
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This is a simple yet delicious way I like to make plantains. The taste is wonderful, and it makes either a great appetizer or dessert. It is an excellent accompaniment to many Central and South American bean and meat dishes.
- Ready In:
- 4 plantains (Yellow, not Green)
- 4 tablespoons raw honey
- 4 tablespoons flaked coconut
- 4 limes
- 4 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat plain yogurt (or sour cream)
- Peel plantains and cut in half. Then, slice the halves lengthwise into 1/4 inch strips so that you have about eight slices per plantain each about four inches long.
- Heat half the Grape Seed Oil in a large cast iron or non-stick frying pan on medium high heat, and add half of your plantain slices.
- Fry the plantain slices till they turn slightly golden yellow and get crispy. Don't overcook and turn them brown. Remove the plantains from the frying pan and put on a serving plate.
- Repeat with the 2nd half of the oil and plantains. When these are cooked, add to your serving plate.
- Using a butter knife, spread your raw honey lightly on the fried plantain slices and sprinkle with the coconut flakes.
- Serve warm. Squeeze the limes over the fried plantains, and serve with yogurt for dipping.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION