My Famous Rosemary Garlic Chicken and Potatoes
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 1 whole chicken, split up the back and flattened a bit (or chicken pieces, with skin and bones)
- 4 baking potatoes, washed well and cut into 8-10 pieces each (you may use equivalant red potatoes if you want)
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 2 -3 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 4 -6 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1⁄2 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 tablespoon freshly cracked black pepper (I usually use a mortor and pestle)
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a large baking pan with foil.
- In a bowl mix together the olive oil, rosemary, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Rub about 1/3 of this mixture all of the chicken and work some of it under the skin.
- Mix the potatoes and the rest of the herb mixture together and scatter over the baking pan.
- Lay the chicken on top of the potatoes.
- Some will be under the chicken and some will not.
- Place in the oven for about 1 hour or until the chicken is done.
- Check the potatoes and move them around from time to time.
- Cook until the juices from the chicken run clear and the potatoes are soft.
- Remove chicken to cutting board to rest for at least 10 minutes.
- Return potatoes to oven while chicken is resting.
- You might even turn the oven up to 400 degrees for a few minutes if you want the skin of the chicken crisper.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
I have made this with Chicken and Pork. It is so good. I also used sweet potatoes once. I usually cook the potatoes for about 15 minutes and then put the chicken on top and shove it back in the oven. I have used other spices besides rosemary also. You can do all kinds of stuff to this recipe. It is awesome.