My Famous Cheesy, Heavy-Duty Lasagna
- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground chuck
- 1⁄4 lb Italian pork sausage, ground
- 2 (16 ounce) cans tomato sauce, seasoned
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tomato paste, seasoned
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- 1 (24 ounce) container small curd cottage cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 9 lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
- 6 slices provolone cheese
- 16 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded and divided
- In a skillet, brown beef and sausage over medium heat until no longer pink.
- Add the next seven ingredients.
- Simmer, uncovered for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- In a bowl, combine eggs, parsley, cottage cheese, ricotta, parmesan.
- Spread 1 cup of meat sauce in an ungreased 9x13inch baking dish.
- Layer 3 noodles.
- Layer 6 slices of provolone over noodles.
- Layer 2 cups cheese mixture & 1-1/4 cup mozzarella cheese over provolone.
- Layer 3 noodles.
- Layer 2 cups meat sauce.
- Layer remaining cheese mixture & 1 1/4 cup mozzarella.
- Top with remaining noodles, then meat sauce, then mozzarella. Dish will be full.
- Cover with foil (leave room in between foil and cheese so it doesn't stick).
- Bake at 375 degrees for 50 minutes.
- Uncover and bake 20 minutes longer.
- Let stand 15 minutes.
I did not have to make this recipe to give it 5 stars.Because it is so close to my recipe.I think it is the provalone, never seen it in Lasagna.I do not use the ricotta. I use cottage cheese And I great and mix all the cheese together.Since I found Kittencals sauce 150207..this is the only sauce I ever use now.It does not have that acid taste. "yes" Kades Mom we make the best Lasagna LOL.
When you say HEAVY DUTY you aren't kidding... This lasagna was probably the best I have ever had. I didn't have any italian seasoning so I used basil and oregano. I usually only make lasagna with cottage cheese but I love the combo of the cottage cheese and ricotta! Thanks so much for posting this recipe KadesMom!! We will be making this again really soon!!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
We have 2 little boys that keep us very busy. Many recipes I save are fast and easy:) I love to cook though, so I'm always looking for new recipes, including recipes that take time. LOVE this website! I love to cook, read, write and spend time with my family. We love the outdoors, including the winter when we get tons of snow. We're also owners of a coffee/icecream/gift/deli shoppe. We live in a tourist town surrounded by many lakes. Taste Of Home magazine is a favorite of mine and now recipezaar is a favorite too. <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/adoptedspring08.jpg">