My Cheater Mexican Rice
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 cups long grain rice, uncooked
- 2 tablespoons butter (or margarine)
- 3 1⁄4 cups chicken broth (or water)
- 2 tablespoons tomato bouillon with chicken flavor
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies, undrained
- Rinse the rice in lukewarm water for 1-2 minutes.
- In a large frying pan, melt the butter/margarine and then add the rice.
- Fry the rice until it turns white and starts to brown -- kinda like making rice a roni.
- Add the broth/water, bouillon and green chiles.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce heat and cook for 20-30 minutes until all moisture is absorbed and rice is done.
- Can be garnished with shredded cheddar and or sliced green onion.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I love to cook, bake, camp and watch football