My Butcher's Directions for a 3-1/2 Pound Tenderloin
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 35mins
- 1 (3 1/2 lb) beef tenderloin
- 1 garlic cloves or 1 garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Rub tenderloin all over with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Use a pointed knife to cut slits into beef; poke pieces of the garlic clove into slits. (Or sprinkle beef all over with garlic powder.).
- Cover beef with a clean linen towel and let stand on counter until roasting time (a couple of hours) to allow meat to come to room temperature.
- Roast meat in a preheated 425 degree oven for 20 to 25 minutes for rare. Or you may roast 10 minutes at 425 degrees, then 25 minutes at 350 degrees if you have a side dish that must bake in the oven at the same time. This will also yield a rare roast.
- Remove meat from oven and cover with aluminum foil to keep warm. Let stand 10 minutes before carving. You may add 2 tablespoons of butter to pan about 5 minutes before meat is done. The meat is be served with this pan liquid.
- Carve meat into 1/4-inch slices. Serve 3 slices per person. A 3-1/2 pound roast will serve 8 persons with enough for seconds.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!