Mustard Pickled Eggs
- Ready In:
- 24hrs 10mins
- 1⁄2 cup cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons prepared mustard (yellow, spicy brown, horseradish, Dijon)
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2⁄3 cup sugar or 2/3 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 pinch salt
- 10 hard-boiled eggs, peeled
- Mix together the vinegar, mustard, water, sugar and salt in a saucepan and bring to a boil to dissolve the sugar.
- Put the eggs in a widemouthed jar (an old mayonnaise jar would be great).
- Pour the hot mixture over the eggs.
- Seal the jar.
- Store the eggs in the refrigerator for at least a day or two before sampling in order to let the flavors develop.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
These are BY FAR the best pickled eggs I have ever had! I made the mustard eggs with spicy brown mustard and Truvia sweetener ( I used less than asked for) and I also added 2 garlic cloves and it is WOW! Awesome for some one like me on a low carb diet. I sliced them up and served with cheese and salami......good with a low carb beer too. Thanks!
Wow are these ever addicting! My first time both making and eating pickled eggs and it rocks! Ok I'll admit I was scared by the look of the eggs in the jar - not pretty. I tasted one after a couple of days and the texture was a bit odd, like a deviled egg that's been in the fridge too long. Kinda hard and chewy. I promise you they get better with age! After a week they are both perfect in texture (firm but not overly so) and taste. I've been eating these things like they are going out of style! Just plain out of the jar or chopped up in a salad. I can't wait to make them again!!M