Mustard Greens Sicilian-Style
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Quick and easy way to vary your greens. Mustards are used here, but of course you can get good results with any other green including spinach and broccoli rabe.
- Ready In:
- 1 lb mustard greens, stems removed and leaves torn into 3-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 4 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1⁄4 cup golden raisin
- 1⁄3 cup pitted kalamata olive, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Heat a quart of salted water to boiling in a saucepan. Cook greens until softened, about 5 minutes; drain.
- Return saucepan to stove top over medium high heat and once dry sauté garlic in 1 tablespoon of oil about 1 minute. Add raisins and olives and cook one minute more, stirring. Add greens and salt and cook, while tossing, 3 more minutes until heated through.
- Remove from heat and stir in the remaining tablespoon of oil. May be served warm or at room temperature.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION