Mustard-Crusted Pot Roast With Potatoes
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This recipe creates a roast so tender you can cut it with a fork!
- Ready In:
- 10hrs 15mins
- 2 1⁄4 cups beef broth
- 2 1⁄2 lbs beef eye round, trimmed of fat
- 1⁄4 cup dry red wine
- 1 small onion, quartered
- 1 celery rib, quartered
- 1 small carrot, quartered
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons mustard seeds
- 6 potatoes, halved
- Combine the broth, beef, wine, onion, celery, carrot, garlic and bay leaf in a crockery pot.
- Press the pepper and mustard seeds into the beef above the liquid.
- Arrange the potatoes around the beef.
- Cover and cook on low until the beef is very tender, 8 to 10 hours.
- Remove the beef and potatoes to a serving platter, reserving the liquid.
- Discard the onion, celery, carrot and bay leaf.
- Slice the beef and serve with the potatoes and reserved cooking liquid.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION