Mustard and Beer Loaf
- Ready In:
- 3hrs 5mins
- 1 1⁄2 cups beer, flat
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 tablespoons whole grain mustard
- 4 1⁄4 cups white flour
- 1 3⁄4 cups whole wheat flour (wholemeal)
- 2 tablespoons nonfat dry milk powder (non-fat dry milk)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons yeast (active dried, easy blend yeast)
- Pour beer an oil into bread machine pan. Add mustard or follow instructions for your machine if it specifies adding yeast first.
- Sprinkle over white and wholemeal flours, ensuring that the liquid is completely covered. Add the skimmed milk powder.
- Add the salt and sugar, placing them in separate corners.
- Make a small indent in the centre of the flour (but not down as far as the liquid) and add the yeast.
- Set bread machine to basic/normal setting, medium crust. Press start.
- Remove bread at the end of the baking cycle and turn out on a to a wire rack to cool.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm an American, living between London and New Zealand. I love to cook and try new recipes and have tried many new things since living in the UK and New Zealand. When I bake, I like to start from scratch and don't use cake mixes, fake foods like Cool Whip or premade frostings. I am really happy cooking and get a huge sense of satisfaction when people enjoy dishes and treats that I make. I would love to open my own business in the food industry some day, but still working on that idea!