Mussels in White Wine Sauce (Mejillones a La Marinara)
photo by BecR2400
- Ready In:
- Heat the oil in a shallow covered casserole (will need the cover later), Spanish earthenware is recommended.
- Saute onion and garlic until the onion is wilted.
- Stir in the flour and cook 1 minute.
- Add in the wine, bay leaf, lemon juice, pepper, and a little salt.
- Simmer, covered, for 5 minutes.
- Add the mussels to the sauce, cover, and cook until the mussels have opened.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Great recipe! Made using fresh New Zealand Greenshell mussels, green onions, and tossed in a chopped Roma tomato from the garden, otherwise followed the recipe exactly. We sopped up the delicious juices with a crusty baguette, and found this to be a very enjoyable meal. Thank you for sharing, ratherbeswimmin'! Made for the Cooking with Spirits April 2009 Event in the Cooking Photos Forum.