Mussels in Green Sauce Madrid Appetizer
- Ready In:
- 48 large green mussels
- 1 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley
- 6 fresh garlic cloves
- 1 large shallot
- 1⁄8 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup water
- Scrub the mussels under the faucet and remove the beards and then set aside.
- In a 6 quart saucepot place butter, wine, lemon juice and water and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Add the mussels and return to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, 3 minutes or until mussels are opened.
- With a slotted spoon remove mussels to 4 deep serving dishes and set aside.
- Place the liquid into a blender or food processor and add the parsley, garlic cloves, shallot, salt and pepper and blend well.
- Pour the sauce over the mussels and serve with a crusty bread, so that you can dip the bread into the sauce.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I was born in 1942 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in this GREAT United States of America. I have since resided in Baltimore Maryland, Atlanta Georgia, Orlando Florida, Fort Lauderdale Florida, Los Angeles California, Selma Oregon, and now in Albuquerque New Mexico. I have enjoyed not only eating, but cooking all my life.