Mushrooms With Garlic Butter
photo by Andi Longmeadow Farm
- Ready In:
- 500 g mushrooms
- 3 -4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 175 g butter, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Pre-heat oven to gas mark 7/425F/220°C.
- Prepare the mushrooms by simply wiping them with a kitchen towel, then pull off the stalks but don't discard them.
- In a small bowl, add in the crushed garlic, butter and stir in the chopped parsley, lemon juice and season with salt and pepper and give it a good stir.
- Arrange the mushrooms, skin side down, in a roasting tin with the stalks arranged amongst them.
- Spoon a little of the garlic-butter mixture into each cap and spread the remaining mixture over the stalks as well.
- Place the dish on the top shelf of the pre-heated oven and bake for 10-15 minutes until the butter is sizzling and the mushrooms look slightly roasted.
- Serve straight from the oven.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Just made these for myself, as a mushroom treat on a very cold day in January. I adore mushrooms, and cooked even better! These roasted out beautifully, and were just so darn tasty, I wish I had made more then one serving. Stupid, huh? I increased the parsley (1 1/2 teaspoons) and used fresh garlic (a small clove - minced). I also chopped the stems and mixed them right into the parsley butter, and used some lemon-pepper seasoning in place of the lemon, as I didn't have any, except a little bit. Beautiful and so good, you need to make more then I did. Will make these again, soon!
see 2 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p style=margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 12.0px Helvetica;><span style=font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 13px;><img src=file:///Users/aishayusaf/Library/Caches/TemporaryItems/moz-screenshot.png alt= /><img src=http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u82/aaliyahsmum_album/bill3.jpg alt= width=402 height=507 /></span></p> <p><img src=http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u82/aaliyahsmum_album/Untitled-11.jpg alt= /><br />Today, give a stranger one of your smiles. <br />It might be the only sunshine he sees all day. <br />- H. Jackson Brown, Jr. <img src=http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u82/aaliyahsmum_album/images.jpg alt= /> <br /> <img src=http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u82/aaliyahsmum_album/Untitled-11.jpg alt= /> <br /> <br />For a hobby, I'm into photography. I thoroughly enjoy baking, but have to admit, I have two left hands when it comes to decorating cakes! I also do a bit of knitting (beginner's stage) and reading. Stephen King and Dean Koontz are my all time favourite authors, and, of course, LOVE Calvin and Hobbes (does it show??!!) <br /> <br /> <img src=http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u82/aaliyahsmum_album/chch-atheist.gif alt= /> <br /> <br /> <img src=http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u82/aaliyahsmum_album/Untitled-1-1.jpg alt= /></p> <p>I search for recipes that carry ingredients I can get hold of locally (or I have stocked in my cupboard!). Recipes I have posted are ALL tried and tested and have been enjoyed by all! So, I hope you and your family will enjoy as well! <br /> <br />My rating system is fairly simple. Since I only pick recipes that I know my family will enjoy (looking at the list of ingredients), it's either 5 or 4 stars, I do not go any lower. I may sometimes do a bit of tweaking but that is only due to my family's tastes. If I do have problems with a recipe or if it didn't turn out the way it should have done, then I just leave a comment without any rating. <br /> <br /><img src=http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u82/aaliyahsmum_album/Untitled-12.jpg alt= /></p>