Mushrooms Stuffed With Feta Cheese And Garlic
photo by Bergy
- Ready In:
6 as an appetizer
- 1 lb medium to large mushroom
- 8 ounces feta cheese, mashed
- 1⁄2 cup cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped parsley
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup garlic crouton, crushed into crumbs
- Clean and remove stems of mushrooms and baste mushrooms with melted butter.
- Combine all ingredients except for the mushrooms and stir until mixture is well blended.
- Fill the mushrooms with the mixture, mounding the mixture high into the caps.
- Bake in a 350 F oven until hot.
- Then broil for a few seconds until lightly browned.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I deviated somewhat from this recipe based on what I had on hand, omitting the scallions and the garlic croutons - I just added 1 tsp. garlic powder, which worked beautifully. Also skipped the butter-basting which wasn't in the list of ingredients when I made these. I baked them for about 10 minutes on 350 and broiled for about 4 minutes until deep brown. I have one thing to say: YUM! Ok, one more thing: Thank you SO much for a great recipe, Secret!
Great flavor - I cut the recipe back to 4 large mushrooms and omitted the egg, added 2 cloves mashed roasted garlic. Baked in toaster oven at 350 for 12 minutes broiled for 5 minutes - they came out perfect. Served as a side dish for brunch Thanks for posting this delishcious recipe Gingerbear. I will be making these as appetizers too!
see 5 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Me and my boyfriend have been together for 11 years now. We live on 40 acres and have 6 dogs and 4 Tennessee Walkers. We both work a lot of hours so there is never enough time in a day to get everything done. I absolutely love the outdoors. I also enjoy lifting weights, reading and playing with all of my beautiful animals. I absolutely love, love and love to cook. I like to cook a variety of things and also like love to bake. I like to just get in the kitchen and experiment with different things. If something does not turn out for me such as pie crust or gravy I will keep trying until I can make it work. Only problem is, when I finally make it work it may not work again the time after that. It is fun though and I do consider myself a pretty good cook for the most part. I also love slow cooker recipes. Those are my most favorite in the winter months.