Mushrooms & Scrambled Eggs on Toast
photo by BrittanyS
- Ready In:
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 -5 medium white mushrooms or 4 -5 medium cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 slice whole wheat bread
- 1 ounce cheese, grated
- Heat olive oil in pan on medium-high heat for about 30 seconds. If you are using a pan that is not non-stick you may wish to add more oil to prevent mushrooms from sticking.
- Add mushrooms to hot oil, and saute for 3-4 minutes until brown. For crispy mushrooms, saute an additional minute.
- Remove mushrooms from pan, set aside.
- Beat egg with milk and water. Add to the same pan used to saute the mushrooms. Cook until eggs are scrambled, light, and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- While the eggs cook, place bread in toaster and toast.
- Place toast on plate, top with sauteed mushrooms, scrambled eggs and cheese, if desired. Serve hot.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
My name is Brittany and I am the Marketing Manager for Mushrooms Canada. Since I work in the food industry I cannot help but love food! I have challenged my blog readers to participate in our "Mushroom Monday Challenge," and of course when leading a challenge you must participate as well. This is where I will chronicle my Mushroom Monday recipes that I enjoy at home.