Mushroom-Stuffed Croissant Casserole
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
In 'The Best Casserole Cookbook Ever' by Beatrice Ojakangas
- Ready In:
- 1hr 40mins
- 1 tablespoon butter, plus extra for the dish
- 4 plain croissants, split horizontally
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1⁄4 cup sliced green onion (white and green parts)
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup shredded swiss cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Butter a 9-inch square casserole.
- Arrange the croissant bottoms, cut sides up, in the bottom of the dish.
- Melt the 1 tablespoon butter in a skillet and add the mushrooms and green onions.
- Saute over medium heat, stirring, for 2-3 minutes, until the liquid is evaporated.
- Remove from the heat.
- Whisk the eggs and milk together in a small bowl and pour half of the mixture over the croissants.
- Top with the mushroom mixture.
- Top with the cheeses, then pour the remaining liquid over the top.
- Position the croissant tops, cut side down, over the bottoms, with the filling mixture in between.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking.
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Bake the casserole for 35-40 minutes, or until set.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION