photo by lazyme
- Ready In:
- 4 beef steaks, lean
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 onion, small chopped
- 1⁄2 cup beef stock
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 6 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 2 -3 tablespoons cornstarch
- Heat a heavy based pan on high.
- Brush oil onto both sides of steak.
- To seal, cook steak 2-3 minutes each side. Turn when juices appear on uncooked side.
- Note: Steak thickness determines cooking time. As a guide: Rare remove after sealing; reduce heat for medium and cook and extra 2-3 minutes each side; Well done, 4-6 minutes each side.
- Test steak by pressing with tongs. Rare feels string. Medium has some resistance. Well done feels quite firm.
- Remove from heat, rest while making sauce. Add onion, mushrooms to any pan juices. Cook 1 minute. Add worcestershire sauce and stock.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly until slightly thickened. Add cornstarch in a little water to this mixture if it doesn't become thick enough.
- Add parsley and any juices from rested steak.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Lavender, this was just delicious, we really enjoyed it. What a joy this sirlion steak was bbq, it was so quick and easy to make with terrific results. I choose this recipe to make for the Great Barbie Gluten Free Challenge- Austalia/New Zealand. It was easy to adapt, I used homemade beef stock and made sure that I used a gluten free Worcestershire sauce (used Lea & Perrins - aged 18 months ) I also omitted the cornstarch (personal preference only) Thanks for sharing another new family favorite. Made for the Fearless Red Dragons - ZWT8 - Australia.
see 6 more reviews