Mushroom Couscous With Moroccan Flavors
This makes a great side dish for steak. Vegetable broth can be substituted to make this a vegetarian dish.
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1⁄2 - 3⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄8 teaspoon saffron thread
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 3⁄4 cup instant couscous, uncooked
- Heat oil over medium heat then add mushrooms, onion, & garlic, saute till tender.
- Pour in the broth & spices the simmer for 3 minutes. Remove from the heat & stir in the couscous.
- Let stand, covered, for 10 minutes then fluff with a fork. Serve alone or as a side dish.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
We loved this cous cous, soooo flavorful and delicious! I added some leftover cauliflower and carrots I had roasted the night before with olive oil and garlic. I served this with a roasted chicken and an arugula salad with oranges and balsamic vinaigrette. Simply wonderful, thanks so much for posting, NassehReply
see 2 more