Mushroom Chicken With Honey Mustard
photo by Bergy
- Ready In:
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- salt & pepper
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3 -4 cups sliced mushrooms
- Tenderize meat and season with a little salt and pepper.
- Melt butter in a large frying pan on medium-high heat. Put chicken in pan and brown both sides (approx 3 minutes per side). After it's browned, turn to medium heat and add mushrooms.
- Cover with a lid for 20 minutes. (If you don't have a lid, a cookie sheet or pizza sheet will work.).
- Cut into chicken to make sure it's done; if not, check it every 5 minutes.
- Remove chicken only from the pan, leaving the mushrooms.
- In a small bowl, combine equal amounts of Honey and Mustard and mix together. If you need to add more than stated, add according to taste.
- Add Honey and Mustard mixture to mushrooms; do not replace the lid. Stir until mushroom sauce thickens up and pour over the chicken to complete the dish.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
We really thought this was great! Our sauce never really thickened but I think our mushrooms may have produced too much liquid in the skillet. We don't think that it compromised the dish however. The chicken still soaked up the liquid as well as the potatoes we served along with it. The flavors were great and you could really taste both the dijon and the honey. Thanks for a great and simple dish!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>Just moved with my family to Spokane after living in Pacific Northwest for over 20 years. Getting adjusted to new things and work most of the time these days. Most of the recipes I obtain are from magazines, newsstand cookbooks, and of course from home. I use to work in a bookstore and on my break I'd often be thumbing through cookbooks looking for desserts to try.</p>