Mushroom-Blue Cheese Quiche
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Sounds great but I haven't tried it yet. It is adapted from The Galley K.I.S.S. book by Corinne C. Kanter and this is from Norma Henderson aboard "Cera"
- Ready In:
- 1 pastry shells, 9-inch, uncooked
- 1⁄2 lb mushroom
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- 4 scallions, chopped
- 3 slices bacon, cooked, crumbled
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup half-and-half
- pepper, to taste
- salt, to taste
- Make or buy a prepared shortbread pastry crust and line a pie tin with it.
- Cook the mushrooms and lemon juice until "dryish".
- Pour this mixture into the pie shell along with the blue cheese, scallions and bacon.
- In a separate bowl, lightly beat the remaining ingredientss and add them to the pie shell.
- Cook at 350 (maybe hotter-recipe says "hot oven") for 45 minutes until browned and puffy.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION