Mushroom & Blue Cheese Chowder
- Ready In:
- 3 cups chopped mushrooms (approx 300gms)
- 100 g butter or 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic or 2 teaspoons crushed garlic
- 1⁄2 cup fine chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons flour
- ground pepper
- 3 cups chicken stock (or 1/2 chick stock mixed with 1/2 milk)
To finish soup
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream or 1/2 cup cream
- 100 -150 g blue cheese, crumbled (1 - 2 wedges)
- fine sliced mushrooms
- chopped parsley
- Heat oil or butter in large pan- stirfry garlic, onions.
- add mushrooms and cook for few minutes.
- Stir through flour, salt& pepper Pour in chick stock or milk mix and simmer 5 mins.
- Remove from heat& blend at least half of soup with blue cheese& cream or sour cream in blender or food processor.
- Mix this puree back in pan with remainder of soup and serve with sliced mushrooms, chopped parsley and some crubled blue cheese to garnish.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live in a city called Dunedin in the South Island of New Zealand. I love cooking and have run a Restaurant for 8 yeras with my husband. I have done a lot of catering after we sold the Restaurant & am now semi retired although I do part time work in the kitchen of a local Hotel. I have a family of 4 sons and 9 grandchildren. I love trying out new recipes.