Mushroom, Bacon and Cheese Stuffed Breaded Chicken Breasts
- Ready In:
- 2 chicken breasts, large
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley
- 4 slices bacon
- 4 slices gouda cheese (you could also use mozzarella or swiss)
- 8 cremini mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 small tomatoes, chopped in small cubes (like a vine or roma)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 10 peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup of grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Mushrooms: Add butter, salt, pepper and mushrooms to a small pan and cook over high heat until liquid has been reduced.
- Bacon: Heat oven to 400F and place bacon on cookie sheet in oven. It should only take about 5 minutes depending on the thickness of the bacon. Remove and place in paper towels to remove excess fat.
- Flatten out chicken breast with a meat tenderizer until at least double in size and about ¼ inch thick. Try not to puncture the chicken or your cheese will melt out when cooking. Split parsley, bacon, cheese, mushrooms and tomatoes into two piles and place on one side of each breast so that the other side can be folded over. Grind oregano, basil, salt and pepper together in a mortar and pestle and add to stuffing. Add one tsp of Worcestershire to each breast and fold the other half of the breast over.
- Preheat an oven to 375°F Heat a cast iron pan (or a pan that can be transferred to the oven) to medium heat and add olive oil once up to heat. Whip the egg in a small bowl and paint one side of the chicken breast using a small brush. Mix the bread crumbs, parmesan and sea salt on a plate. Dip the egg side on the plate with the bread crumbs and place in the pan, breadcrumbs side down. Once in the pan, paint the side facing up with the remaining egg yolk. Place the remaining breadcrumbs on this side and pat them into the chicken. Flip the chicken after 1-2 minutes, once the breadcrumbs begin to turn a nice golden color, and place the pan in the oven. Cook for 20-25 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!