Mushroom and Lemon Couscous
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
I tried this wonderful recipe I got from a box of Near East Couscous mix and it was a great hit and side dish. Try it for a change of pace side dish.
- Ready In:
- 3 tablespoons olive oil (2 tblsp for mushroom prep, 1 tblsp for couscous)
- 1⁄2 cup green onion (sliced)
- 1 cup mushroom (sliced)
- 1 garlic clove (pressed or minced)
- 1 (5 1/2 ounce) box couscous (Near East wild mushrooms and herbs )
- 14 ounces chicken broth (reduced fat, low sodium)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon fresh chives (chopped )
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add green onions, mushrooms and garlic .
- Cook about 2 to 3 minutes or until tender.
- Set aside to be used in next steps below.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, combine 1 tablespoon of olive oil, chicken broth, lemon juice with contents of spice pack and stir.
- Bring to a boil.
- Stir Couscous into the boiling chicken broth and spice mix.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in mushroom mix, parmesan cheese and chives into the Couscous.
- Fluff lightly with a fork.
- Cover and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION