Mushroom and Egg Casserole
photo by CookingONTheSide
- Ready In:
- 5 slices bacon, cooked crisp and chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 cup sweet onion, chopped
- 1 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 8 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 1⁄2 cups monterey jack cheese or 2 1/2 cups cheddar cheese
- Saute onions and mushrooms in butter in skillet over medium heat for about 3-5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, beat together the eggs, milk, and pepper.
- Stir in cheese and the mushroom mixture and bacon.
- Pour into a greased 2-quart rectangular baking dish (12x7-1/2x2-inch).
- Bake in 350 degree F oven for 35-40 minutes or until puffed and a knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Let stand 5-10 minutes before cutting.
- Serve warm.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I want to thank all of you who review the recipes I post - good or bad. It's always good to get feedback and helpful tips and I really appreciate them all! I try to send a note when someone reviews one of my recipes, but I don't always get the chance. Please know that I really enjoy reading the reviews. I also love all the photos everyone posts, too! Thanks so much. Happy Cooking!