Mum's Quick & Easy Throw It All in Lemon Drizzle Cake
photo by clairedrum07
- Ready In:
- 4 ounces margarine or 4 ounces low-fat butter
- 6 ounces caster sugar
- 6 ounces self raising flour
- 4 tablespoons milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 lemon
- 3 tablespoons icing sugar
- Heat oven to 180 degrees Celsuis.
- Mix margarine, sugar, flour, milk, eggs, & rind of lemon in a bowl.
- Put in rectangular tin (meatloaf tin) & bake for 40 - 45mins.
- Mix icing sugar with the juice of the lemon & drizzle over the top of the cake whilst still hot.
- Leave to cool (if you can!) then enjoy! :o).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This must be the easiest and tastiest lemon cake. I make it all winter when we live in Portugal because, for some reason or another, their self raising flour is ideal. Have tried it with the Canadian version and results were not nearly so good. We only can buy Brodie brand in this area. Anyway, it does depend on the flour. Also, quite often I make it in a square pan rather than a deep one and adjust cooking time. Thanks for submitting.