Mum's Ono Banana Bread!
- Ready In:
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1/2 cup margarine
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1 3⁄4 cups mashed bananas (5-6)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup shredded coconut (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips (optional)
- Sift flour and baking soda together; set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Add eggs, one at a time, to creamed mixture.
- Blend sour cream into creamed ingredients until mixture is smooth, then blend in mashed bananas and lemon juice.
- Stir in dry ingredients until flour is moistened.
- Add nuts, coconut and chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into two lightly greased loaf pans 7.5x3.5x2inch size(19cm X 9cm X 5cm).
- Bake at 325F (165C) for 45-50 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!