Multi-Grain Pancakes for Silver Palate
Fairly easy to process your own grains with your food process or blender, This recipe comes from the Silver Palate Restaurant NYC cookbook. The pecans are not mandatory, but are a nice surprise, in fact this recipe is actually called "Surprise Flapjacks".
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1⁄2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup unsalted butter (cold cut into small pieces)
- 4 eggs
- 4 cups buttermilk
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1 cup pecans (finely chopped)
- Process the flours, oats, , corn meal, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a food processor fitted with a steel blade. Process until it resembles a coarse meal.
- Beat eggs and buttermilk in a large bowl, beat in honey, stir in flour mixture, then fold in pecans (if using).
- Heat griddle, brush with oil or butter, ladle batter on grill to make 6" cakes, cook until golden on both sides.