photo by spicyperspective
- Ready In:
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 apples, peeled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons Madras curry powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 8 cups chicken stock
- 1⁄2 cup basmati rice
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup lite coconut milk
- salt and pepper
- Heat the butter in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onions, celery, carrots, apples and ginger. Sauté for 5 minutes—stirring occasionally.
- Mix in the flour, curry powder and cayenne pepper. Stir another 3-5 minutes, then add the chicken stock, rice chopped chicken and 1 teaspoons salt.
- Bring to a boil and lower the heat to a simmer. Simmer for 15 minutes—or until the rice is tender and the chicken has cooked through.
- Add the coconut milk and salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with toasted almonds or cilantro!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I'm a cooking instructor and food writer sharing recipes, cooking tips and SPICY thoughts!</p> <p><strong><img title=Sommer @ A Spicy Perspective src=http://aspicyperspective.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/11-300x240.jpg alt=Sommer Collier width=300 height=240 /></strong></p> <p><strong>Check out all my recipes at <a href=http://www.aspicyperspective.com>www.aspicyperspective.com!</a></strong></p>