1. Apply a mixture of red chilli powder, lemon juice and salt to the chicken and leave aside for half an hour.
2. Hang the yogurt in a muslin cloth for 15-20 minutes to remove extra water. Add red chilli powder, salt, ginger-garlic paste, lemon juice, garam masala powder and mustard oil.
3. Apply this marinade to the chicken pieces and refrigerate for 3 to 4 hours.
4. Put the chicken onto a skewer and cook in a moderately hot tandoor or a preheated oven (200 degrees celsius) for 10-12 minutes or until almost done. Baste it with butter and cook for another 2 minutes. Remove and keep aside.
5.Heat butter in a pan. Add whole garam masala. Let it crackle.Once crackle remove and put in coffee grinder.
6.Add ginger-garlic paste and chopped green chillies. Cook for 2 minutes.
7.Add tomato puree, red chilli powder, garam masala powder, salt and one cup of water. Bring to a boil. .
8.Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes. Add sugar or honey and powdered kasoori methi.
9.Add cooked tandoori chicken pieces. Simmer for 5 minutes and then add fresh cream.
10. Serve hot Chicken Makhani with naan or parantha.